March 26, 2010

Banana Cake




After I post my Tape Cake recipe, lot of my friends are interesting to try to make it. Unfortunately, not every place have Tape in their area. I found out Tape origin is from Sundanese people, West Java. They have Sundanese language for it, that is peuyeum.

I feel bad for my friends that can not try the deliciousness of the cake. But, don't worry. Today I decided to post how to make that cake, instead use Tape, we use Banana. You can find banana in everywhere and banana is always in season.. I guarantee the cake is as good as Bolu Tape..

So, my dear friends, put your apron on you.., and turn on the oven! ;-D

Banana Cake

Ingredients :
250 gram Ripe Banana ( mashed)
250 gram Butter (melted)
200 gram All-Purpose Flour (shifted)
3 Tbs Condensed Milk
12 Pcs Eggs ( Use only : 8 white eggs and 12 eggs yolk)
250 gram Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions:
- Preheat Oven at 350 F (170C).
- Beat eggs and sugar use electric beater (mixer) in high speed.
- Add mashed banana, condensed milk and vanilla, still use mixer in high speed.
- When all mixture are well combined, stop the mixer.
- Fold with flour slowly.
- Pour very slowly the melted butter into batter and mix well.
- Bake in greased and floured pan at 350 F (170 C) for 40 - 45 minutes or until skewer come out clean.
- It is good when serve warm.

* Tip : you can bake with your favorite cup cakes paper, so you don't need to cut the cake.
Cup cakes paper now has a lot of variety in store. You can find them with lot of models and colors. Bake with cup cakes paper need only around 20 minutes, test with toothpick.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a million Ty. Coool! your blog is one of my favorite now. Do you have recipe for traditional bolu kukus in a cup? This is a cake I missed for long..long time. Never taste a good one after my mum passed away though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yenny !
    I will post the recipe of bolu kukus for you.., hopefully soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete